Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Chili-details

So we are making pumpkin chili for the girls Bethel of Job's Daughters tonight.  I decided since I had altered it a little I was going to post what I did-with pictures because this is truly a great chili!

I did a huge pot--about to feed my family with a few nights of leftovers.  you could do a smaller portion.


Brown 3lbs of hamburger

Add 2 Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie spice...I made my own

Place hamburger and 1lb cooked beans in pot

Add 2 cans diced tomatoes, or more if desired. and 1 1/2-2 Tbsp Chili powder

1 29oz can of pumpkin puree and 1/2 cup sugar

Sautee 2 green bell peppers and 2 onions

Add to mixture

64oz of V-8 or other vegetable juice

Cook on low heat for 8 hours in crockpot or simmer for 1 hour on stove top

No comments:

Post a Comment