Thursday, October 21, 2010

Home Made Chicken Nuggest with dipping sauce

I have to admit, I have never made sauces like this before.  When I saw that we had chicken nuggets and salad on the menu tonight, I thought "what are we going to dip them in!!!???" Harrison is really picky when it comes to eating meat, but he does like nuggets-so I was hoping to sway him to eat them tonight.

I found these 2 sauce recipes online (they were so easy! I can't believe I didn't do it before!)
Sweet and Sour Sauce - not only was it easy to make, but yes, it was not red!  No artificial colorings here! And the taste was awesome!  The kids gobbled it up like mad.

I also made up Paula Deen's honey mustard from this page - surprisingly-it had NO butter in it! LOL  what kind of Paula Deen recipe doesn't have at least 1 stick of butter in it?  The only thing I did different on this was cut out the horseradish.  It was runnier then I was hoping for-so I might add a bit more mayo next time.

On to the nuggets! If you remember from the meal plan below, we used the home made nugget recipe from 100 days of real food
We baked the nuggets instead of frying them.  I thought the coating was a bit too much-I would definitely use less next time-but overall these were raved on by the kids! They asked me to make them again, so I know we have a winner.

So here you go: honey mustard on the right, sweet and sour on the left - and YES, Harrison ate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment